ACT NOW! LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE!
We expect that this trip will book quickly. Reservations will be booked on a first-come, first-served basis, and a waitlist will be established on a first-come, first-served basis - if you visit this page and tickets are sold out, please email Emily Meier to be placed on our waitlist email@example.com. Thank you!
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity - experience birds and explore the Chicago Field Museum like never before! On January 20, join us for an intimate, behind-the-scenes tour of the museum specifically for Madison Audubon, which includes the following special presentations and opportunities:
- Guided tour of the Museum's extensive ornithology collection
- Conservation & Art: a presentation and studio tour by Peggy Macnamara, the Field Museum's artist-in-residence (and artist of the above painting)
- My 35 years as a Naturalist: a presentation by Emeritus Collections Manager Dave Willard
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the bird collections: learn about the more than 500,000 museum specimens and get a hands-on look at bird study skins, eggs, and more.
- Tour the Bird Lab and meet the Museum scientists and volunteers, and explore fascinating experiments-in-progress, including flesh eating beetle studies!
In addition to these amazing tours that are not offered to the general public, participants will have the afternoon to explore the rest of the museum with an All-Access Pass. This pass includes admission into all of the permanent and premium exhibits at the museum, as well as entry to one 3-D theater movie.
Transportation to and from the Field Museum will be provided by Madison Audubon Society and is included in the cost of the trip. A bus will depart the Dutch Mill Park & Ride at 7 a.m. sharp on Wednesday, January 20.
Cost covers transportation, behind-the-scenes tour (NOT AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC), exclusive presentations by museum staff, a museum All-Access Pass (normally $31 per person), and a small donation to the Bird Lab at the Field Museum.
*Participants are responsible for the cost of their own food for the day (there are restaurants on-site or you may bring your own food)