The view from Bicentennial Prairie right now is simply glorious. The space for the new Wingspan observation platform has been cleared and leveled, and the prairie is in full bloom in anticipation of its arrival.
This project is a community-spurred effort, initiated by Madison Audubon member John Kaiser, dedicated to Goose Pond Sanctuary land managers Mark and Sue Martin, and funded entirely by those who love and support Goose Pond -- that's YOU and your fellow members! Learn more here.
Here are a few exciting updates on the Wingspan project. By all means, please come out to Goose Pond and see them for yourself!
- The footprint for pavilion has been cleared and leveled (see photo below), and the concrete footings will be poured in the next few weeks.
- Materials for the shades are in hand, and their production is underway.
- The Prairie Lane road and turn-around will soon be expanded to accommodate Wingspan visitors.
- Benches have been ordered and will be delivered once the shades are installed.
- Plans for the dedication ceremony this fall will begin shortly. Stay tuned!
Mark the date: August 15
Donations to Wingspan of any amount are welcome and truly appreciated. All donors are listed on our website and in the newsletter.
Folks giving over $250 will be recognized on a permanent plaque on site. If you'd like your name or the name of someone you'd like to honor to appear on the plaque in time for the dedication ceremony this fall, please donate by August 15. Donations received after that date will be listed on the website and, for donations of $250 or more, on a second plaque installed at a later date.
Thank you for your enthusiasm, support, and vision! We look forward to sharing a splendid view and a long-lasting memory with you at Wingspan soon.